Our client, Eventbrite is disrupting a huge industry in desperate need of a shakeup. Eventbrite’s goal is to become the favourite ticketing and registration solution by providing organisers and attendees with simple, yet powerful, event technology. As a Business Development Representative in Cork, Ireland, you are the first person to tackle business development efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for Eventbrite while creating a pipeline of business to arm the team of Business Development Managers with qualified prospects.
WHAT MAKES SALES AT EVENTBRITE SO EXCITING?
You’ll be working with Dutch event organisers of everything from music festivals to concert venues to complicated registrations for beer festivals, conferences, and much more. Eventbrite’s horizontal platform means no one conversation with a potential client is the same – There is no one-size-fits-all solution. The team are consultative experts, and you are actively encouraged and trained to grow your career with Eventbrite.
The Business Development team is a small group with diverse backgrounds—seasoned business development people, marketers, and a few former musicians and promoters. They are charged with kicking off conversations with and generating qualified leads for the Business Development Managers. They work with all kinds of event organisers to turn them into successful Eventbrite customers. Learn more about our global Business Development organisation.
THE SKILL SET
- Full professional proficiency in Dutch and English
- Minimum 1+ year experience in a commercial role in a fast-paced environment
- A fearless ability to proactively engage new clients
- A consultative business development approach and knowledge of how to maintain control of a conversation
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate value
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current process
- A firm understanding of how to qualify buyers’ interest and identify target customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond just your day-to-day tasks
- Experience with cold-calling
- A third language would be advantageous (German, Spanish)
WHATS ON OFFER
- Monthly transportation stipend €100
- Monthly Health & Wellness Reimbursement €50
- 25 days paid time off
- Daily breakfast and catered lunch Tuesday-Thursday
- Personal Retirement Savings Account
- Health Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Cycle to Work Scheme
THE OFFICE IN CORK:
Eventbrite’s Cork office is a listed, 19th century building that used to be home to a national bank. The high ceilings and huge windows create light and space for the busy, growing team and, at every turn, there is something to discover – from the office library to the real-life vault in the basement!
Having started out as a customer services base, the Cork office is now home to a host of different teams and has a distinct energy as different functions collaborate and support each other. The kitchen is full of tasty snacks and you can grab lunch in the break-out area which features a specially commissioned piece of art by a local Cork artist. Yoga classes on the top floor, a herb garden in the kitchen and meeting rooms named after local landmarks add to the culture of the office – one of pride, growth and fun!