Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets — UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain — as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
Whether you are buying new or used, plain or luxurious, commonplace or rare, trendy or one of a kind, if it exists in the world, it probably is for sale on eBay. Our mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection. We give sellers the platform, solutions, and support they need to grow their businesses and thrive. We measure our success by our customers’ success. We employ fantastic people who do important work that has a tangible impact on the lives of individuals all over the world. We aspire to make extraordinary things possible for each other, for our customers, and for you.
Dutch Merchant Service Operations (MSO) is dedicated to partnering with our customers to remove barriers and create loyalty to the eBay marketplace through working to understand the needs of seller businesses, taking ownership, and driving seller profitability.
- Will interact with our top sellers providing a one-stop shop, white glove service experience.
- Be interacting with customers via phone and email.
- Need to be well organized and able to research resolutions for our members and provide proper follow up as needed.
- Have great communication skills as you interact with our top sellers and peers to find resolutions to their challenges in a team environment.
- Apply judgement when deviating from a standard routine, identify patterns from partial or conflicting information to identify the correct resolution, and act with empowerment when appropriate.
- Use judgment in coaching our members regarding marketplace policies to ensure an optimal outcome.
- Express a genuine interest in helping the customer improve their eBay business.
- Troubleshoot, offer solutions, and provide recommendations for any customer problems related to the eBay platform.
- Accurately use our systems to get the right solutions and keep track of the customer details. Understand customer priorities and identify key improvement areas.
- Anticipate the needs of our customers and always act with the customer in mind, providing compassion at all times.
- Be a customer advocate, waking up thinking about how you are going to satisfy our customer every single day
- Courteous and professional in your engagement with customers and peers.
- A focused self-starter, driven, motivated, can-do mind set.
- Great at solving problems and flexible in your approach.
- Experienced in dealing with passionate customers.
- Super at managing your time and diligent in your approach to work.
- Flexible, independent, and consistently demonstrate collaboration
- Experienced with eBay and comfortable speaking to any customer issue.
- Personally experienced with buying and selling on eBay.
- Fluent in written and verbal English & Dutch
- Experienced in high level customer service / Sales support or up-selling (5yrs plus is preferred)
- Basic Salary of €32,000
- Quarterly Bonus Plan
- Discounted Express Bus City Centre – eBay
- 25 days Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Healthcare Plan
- Life Assurance
- Retention bonus
- Pension Plan
- Discounted Canteen
- Free Gym
- Sabbatical every 5 years…. plus lots more!
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work..
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.