BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The mission of level B1 is to perform Due Diligences on the alerts which have been escalated by Level A, including perform necessary investigation and provide supporting documentation. Level B1 should provide a first advice regarding the possibility of clearing the alert and assign the alert for further review by level B2.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The major responsibility of Level B1 are as follows:
Obtain all necessary information and documentation in compliance with Group policies and procedures;
Save and copy all relevant information research / obtained documentation and attach in FIRCOSOFT or in validation request to Level B2 for STOP LIST alerts, for document retention purposes. For STOP LIST alerts,
- Contact local sites to gather some documentation, if needed.
- The investigations usually contain, without limitation, the following information when applicable:
- Documentary evidence of the economic purpose of the transaction;
- Originator or Beneficiary information (if unavailable, information provided by the correspondent);
- Origin or destination of the goods;
- KYC elements;
- Reliable open-source information obtained from the Internet, e.g. screen shots of webpages;
- Vessel registration documentation;
- Transportation documents;
- Any missing documentation related to the transaction.
- In accordance with the four-eye control process and upon obtaining this information, Level B1 must escalate all alerts to Level B2, including a recommendation whether the alert can be cleared or not as well as all necessary information and supporting documentation.
- When escalating the file to B2, B1 must express an advice on the recommended decision and highlight the point(s) of attention / doubt. Further information/ documentation can be requested by B2 upon request.
- A single SWIFT message could result in one or multiple hits, as for example name related hit, country hit, etc. B1 is required to check and identify all hits filtered by the system and ensure all of them are addressed to B2. B1 must always provide an explanation for each individually and a global advice (either positive or negative) on the alert.
- Depending on the alert category, B1 will be either request to provide an advice based on factual elements and recommend whether the alert can be clear or not; or to advise whether all documentation/information requested by B2 has been successfully completed.
Fluent in English and Dutch, excellent oral and written communication in English and Dutch
Good knowledge of payments operations
Good knowledge of Group guidelines on compliance hits management
Ability to work with remote teams across multiple locations
Risk oriented profile with strong analytical and investigation skills, strong attention to details
Rigorous, well-organized with a structured and logical approach
Client oriented and high level of integrity
Excellent team spirit
Strong sense of responsibility
Understanding and experience in compliance hit management would be an advantage
Tools: FIRCOSOFT, ATLAS II/ORION, VIGILANCE, PCM, YELLOW, SATURN, SIBES, FLIGHTRADAR 24
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered. In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.